The world and how it bugs me

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Snow & round-a-bouts


I don't know how many of you read my blog about Fall a few weeks ago, but I have an update. We got almost a foot of snow at some of the homes I manage in Park City. It was freezing in my house Saturday morning, so I turned on the furnace only to find it was broken. Guess I angered Mother Nature with my comments and in turn got exactly what I didn't want. An early frickin winter......yippieeeeeeeeee! While I am on the subject, am I the only person who hates round-a-bouts? They are popping up everywhere in Park City and now even Midway is getting a couple. My first encounter with a round-a-bout was is the movie European Vacation. Remember the scene when Clark is stuck on the inside lane and he can't get over to exit? I think it shows him a hour later still stuck. The problem is they don't make them big enough here and the result is a big mess. Tourists come to ski and it completely boggles their mind. They drive up to it and panic at not having a real intersection with a sign telling them what to do. Instead, they just stop and stare at all these cars driving in a circle. I will usually give them a minute or two before I start honking and they look at me in their mirror with a stupid look on their stupid faces. So, thanks Europe for another great contribution to America. You gave us the Spice Girls and The Rolling Stones. You can take them back anytime. Am I right people? Come on, let me hear some comments.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I Like the Spice Girls personally but hey dont judge me!

     
  • At 3:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I like them. Keep things movin. Bring em on.

     
  • At 3:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    they did a study and smart people liked them and dumb people wrote negative blogs about them. it was a good study

     
  • At 7:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Did I mention that I am a jackass?

     
  • At 6:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have to say I like them to. They have a bunch in St. George now and they move fast. A lot better than sitting at a light for ten minutes.

     
  • At 5:13 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    They are pretty ok for something as sucky as they are.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home