hola, mi amigos
When people refer to a sports team as "we".
Example: Your talking to a fan of the Utah Jazz and he keeps refering to the team as "we". "We almost made the playoffs and next year we should be even better." I doubt the Jazz knows he exists, let alone considers him as part of the organization. Therefore, there is no 'we' , thats always bothered me way more than it should.
Along the same lines.....when people refer to themselves in the third person. Example: I work with a guy named Jim and anytime Jim drops a tool or something he will say "Come on Jim, your better than that!" Drives me nuts. I barely even refer to myself in first person anymore just to make sure I don't break my own rules.
That is enough for now, more to come I am sure. Adalee is good, learning the piano and reading books. She has a talk in primary Sunday that she has memorized, she is pretty excited about that.
Adam says goodbye
Example: Your talking to a fan of the Utah Jazz and he keeps refering to the team as "we". "We almost made the playoffs and next year we should be even better." I doubt the Jazz knows he exists, let alone considers him as part of the organization. Therefore, there is no 'we' , thats always bothered me way more than it should.
Along the same lines.....when people refer to themselves in the third person. Example: I work with a guy named Jim and anytime Jim drops a tool or something he will say "Come on Jim, your better than that!" Drives me nuts. I barely even refer to myself in first person anymore just to make sure I don't break my own rules.
That is enough for now, more to come I am sure. Adalee is good, learning the piano and reading books. She has a talk in primary Sunday that she has memorized, she is pretty excited about that.
Adam says goodbye

1 Comments:
At 7:54 PM ,
CJ's Rant said...
What if it is Larry Miller that is talking about the Jazz?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home